• Old Dominion is coming into this contest off its bye week, while Louisiana Tech played UTSA. ODU lost to WKU 43-20 on Oct. 16.
• In the contest against WKU, quarterback Hayden Wolff started his first game of the year, going 26-for-41 for 327 yards and two interceptions.
• Wide receiver Ali Jennings III had a career day, catching 13 passes for 172 yards. His 13 catches were a career-high, and tied for the eighth highest total by an FBS player so far this season.
• Tight end Zack Kuntz also caught a career-best nine passes for 119 yards. Kuntz leads ODU with 36 catches on the year, while the 36 receptions is the fourth most by a tight end in FBS.
• Running back Blake Watson recorded his second-straight 100-yard day, rushing 22 times for 104 yards and a touchdown. The back-to-back 100 yard games are the first two of his career.
• Terry Jones and R’Tarriun Johnson recorded career highs in tackles. In his first career start, Jones had 11 stops, while Johnson had 10 tackles, two pass breakups and an interception.
This will be the second meeting all-time between ODU and Louisiana Tech and the first since 2014. In that matchup, ODU trailed 24-14 at halftime, but the defense pitched a second half shutout and ODU scored 10 second half points to send the game into overtime. Taylor Heinicke threw four interceptions in the games first four quarter, but tossed an eight-yard TD pass to David Washington in overtime to lift ODU to the win.
Kuntz Leads the Way
Sophomore tight end Zack Kuntz leads ODU so far with 36 receptions for 381 yards and two touchdowns. Kuntz had a career-high nine catches for 119 yards two weeks ago against WKU.He has been ODU’s leading receiver in 5-of-7 games so far this season.
FBS Tight End Receptions Leaders
RT at it Again
For the second-straight game, redshirt junior safety R’Tarriun Johnson intercepted a pass. Against WKU, Johnson intercepted a third and goal pass from the one in the end zone. It was the second career INT for Johnson. Johnson also notched a career-best 10 tackles and two pass breakups against WKU.
R’Tarriun Johnson Interceptions
Ali Throws a Punch
Sophomore wide receiver Ali Jennings III had ODU’s best game by a wide receiver so far this season against WKU with 13 receptions for 171 yards. The 13 catches was one short of tying ODU’s single-game record of 14 set by Aaron Moore against Middle Tennessee in 2019. Jennings is second on the squad with 29 catches for a team-best 383 yards and two touchdowns.
Kaufman Mall has received an upgrade this season and includes a beer garden, a Giant TV to watch the early games, ESPN Radio 94.1 Game Zone and food trucks.
Ricky Rahne Coach’s Show Presented by Chartway Federal Credit Union Airs Thursday at Wild Wing Cafe
Ricky Rahne Press Conference (Louisiana Tech)
Monarchs in the NFL Update – Week Seven
Minium: ODU Football Quarterback Hayden Wolff was Ready When he Got the Call
Monarchs in the NFL Update – Week Six
Thanks for visiting !
The use of software that blocks ads hinders our ability to serve you the content you came here to enjoy.
We ask that you consider turning off your ad blocker so we can deliver you the best experience possible while you are here.
Thank you for your support!